Monday, October 24, 2016

DIY Denim





I love experiments and this one was really fun for me. I loved ripping apart my jeans when I was still in high school so this took me back to that time and to be honest I have no regrets. Seeing as summer’s here I decided to reinvent two of my jackets and make them appropriate for these hot summer days. All I needed was scissors in hand – and what was old is now new. To reinvent my old denim pieces I just removed the sleeves and that was it. I’m so in love with it because it’s simple – easy and quick. The bonus is I can rock these jackets with just about anything from a basic tee to dresses – the choices are endless.

Sleeveless Jacket


6 other ways to reinvent your denim jackets
1 Add studs using glue
2. Glue flowers onto the collar of your jacket
3. Add tassels at the bottom edge of the jacket for bohemian chic
4. Bleach your denim jacket for a cool effect
5. Spray paint the back with a bold statement
6 Choose a design and let your embroidery work speak for itself.





Before


After 






6 comments:

  1. I love your creativity, gg Alex... u re reviving a side of me that had been dormant for a while. I appreciate your STYLE ma'... keep it up...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much. I love that you found this useful. Please do share with your friends and feel free to share your diy with me too

      Delete
  2. I love your creativity, gg Alex... u re reviving a side of me that had been dormant for a while. I appreciate your STYLE ma'... keep it up...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting and nice hei keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so creative!! Love it!❤️

    ReplyDelete