Tuesday, October 18, 2016

DIY Hot Oil Treatment


As I said a few posts back I am experimenting with a number of new things – until the end of the year. That means actually going out of my way to do as many things as possible on my own. When I got my hands on Ultimate Organic Therapy Tea Tree Stimulating Growth Oil I was excited to try it out. In fact I always get excited when I get to try out new stuff. This oil promises to restore moisture & relieve a dry flaky scalp. Trust me, there hasn’t been a flake in my hair for a while now – progress at last – I‘ve struggled with dandruff in the past. My hair has never felt so healthy and I am proud of it. Although, I ‘m not really a big fan of the scent of the tea tree oil - I find it quite overpowering and lacking that sweetness I often gravitate towards. It however has a number of benefits and that outweighs the only negative I’ve pinned on it.
Here are the steps I took to oil treat my hair at home.


1. Fill a small amount of oil in a jar
2. Place the jar into a pot boiling water – please note don’t let the oil boil. Just let it warm up and              that’s good enough
3. Shampoo hair
4. Apply warm oil to your hair and massage from roots to ends
5. Place shower cap over head and sit it out for 20 – 30 mins
6. Rinse out
7. Apply conditioner – follow conditioner instructions
8. Rinse off
9. Blow dry hair apply a small amount of moisturizer
10. Style and go

PS. I opted for a bun........





No comments:

Post a Comment