Monday, June 13, 2016

Where to eat: Mojo's

Mojo’s
10 East Road
Harare
04 705 993
$20 for lunch
$25 for dinner




My first feel of a Rodizio meal was actually a few years back with my foodie partner and best friend in South Africa. It was truly a night to remember good food, lots of meat (yay) and good music. I remember there were Samba dancers that night too. It was such a long time ago-please don’t ask my age.

This wasn’t my first food experience at Mojo’s in Harare however, it’s always good to revisit good restaurants especially when they offer good food and service.


Getting this Rodizio experience in Zimbabwe is more than just a meal at a table; it puts a smile on my face cause of the memories attached to it. At Mojo’s their main thrust that you eat as much as you want – therefore I highly recommend you come with an empty stomach to have room for the different cuts of meat you’ll have.

Mojo’s is a Churrascaria - a Brazilian steakhouse. Churrasco is a modern celebration of food where Gauchos serve by parading succulent cuts of meat and slicing them fresh & hot in an authentic traditional service style called Rodizio.





How it works is that you have cards placed on your table and the green side of the card is an indication that you’re ready to eat and want that meat cuts to keep coming – when you can’t stomach it anymore you can gladly turnover the card to reveal the red side which is an indication for no more..
I started off with a starter platter which had a nice hot shot glass of spicy soup, spicy meat balls, potato croquettes, french bread, and a few other finger foods.



For the main - the sides included creamy potatoes, a mixed garden salad and spicy rice. The rice wasn’t my favourite –it was somewhat bland – the potatoes however, were my fave and I helped myself by continuously by adding more to my plate. I loved how creamy and perfectly seasoned they were. You can’t go wrong with a mixed garden salad especially if it’s fresh accompanied by Mojo’s dressing which complemented the salad really well. I’ve never been one to turn away greens so I’m one happy person when I see them...plus they are good for you.

The first helping of the succulent meat was a cut of pork fillet, followed by a chicken sausage, beef sausage, chicken thigh, chicken drumsticks, game sausage, pork belly, beef and many others. I will touch on my fave which happened to be the beef sausage so succulent, so juicy and spiced to perfection, followed by the pork fillet –which was nice and tender, I did however like the chicken although it was too salty..My least favourite was the game sausage – it tasted way to foreign for my liking.

Food at Mojo’s is really what you make it. With all the various cuts of meat on offer there has to be something you like or love at least.  Go if you have a healthy appetite and just want to experience something new – I dare you to try it.




I would have loved dessert but I didn’t have anywhere to put it. I was beyond stuffed and that’s how you should leave a restaurant –full!

Eating away


Mojo’s always ask are you ready? I wasn’t quite ready for feeling that stuffed but I did leave happy and fuller than when I came – now that’s a good sign right?






The garden area 


Contact me on
Twitter: @ChiedyCandy
Instagram: @persuasioninczw
E-mail: c.mebe@yahoo.com


5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alex you seem to eat out a lot. Next time I want to eat out, I will have browse your blog for restaurant recommendations. Lovely post, everything looks so yummy

    https://deffinatlyshaz.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like my blog Wendy. I'm ecstatic that you find it resourceful too. feel free to tell others to check it out when they are stuck on where to go.

      Delete
  3. Pleasent place to eat out, thanks for the recomendation

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad you enjoyed. look out for new posts. tell a friend.

      Delete