Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Hello June



Hi loves. It’s pretty cold out and most of us are layering like never before. This must be the coldest winter yet. Like all months I share with you what I’m obsessing over, what I’ve tried out and what’s working for me in food and beauty.

The only beer I take
I did say I would try this out in a previous post and here’s what I think, as promised. The one and only Root beer by Frankie’s soft drinks is a gem and I love it. It’s become a new favourite, with its distinct authentic taste. It and has an addictive fizziness to it you just want in your mouth. Thanks to PicknPay for stocking this in Harare.



 Eating out at Pizzazz Pizza

I used to be a big pizza fan, but that phase has somewhat left me. I do however, have a bite here and there but Pizzazz pizza takes the cup. I haven’t tasted a pizza so flavoursome and so good like their Pizzazz pizza. I can’t wait to go back and try out a different one. You’ve got to love good food and good food is worth coming back to. Also tried out their lasgna which was pure heaven. Pizzazz can be found in Borrowdale, Harare.



A healthy kind of salt

Currently hooked on Himalayan salt. Yes it's pink. Pink rock salt sourced from the Himalayan Mountains. With a number of benefits; it lowers blood pressure, improves sleep, beneficial for healthy blood sugar; Also helps with a healthy respiratory system and sinuses. Great for vegetarians too.



In need of a good scrub

I recently purchased a facial scrub from Avon – Nutraeffects gentle 3 in 1 scrub and was pleasantly surprised at how well my face responded to it. It left my skin smooth and wasn’t harsh on the skin. It’s particularly good for those with sensitive skin, I have oily skin however, but I just needed a scrub that I wouldn’t react to and this scrub gets thumbs up from me. The bonus for me is it cost just under $5.



Cheap ways to get your makeup done

I recently ran into final year beauty therapy students. They let me in on what is actually common knowledge. Beauty therapy students are constantly looking for clients to work on and they do it all for free. Because fashion and beauty is fun and also somewhat expensive this is something all fashionista’s should look into. I’ve bought into this and I was pleasantly surprised, most of the students are really good. Here’s my African girl pic after one of the students did my makeup. I was heading to church.



Read my lips

Wine red lips are in and for good reason. I feel extremely confident with it and hardly leave the house with my lips bare. During the cooler seasons I shift to burgundy and wine stained lips. Classy and perfection all bundled in one – I love, I love, I love.

Feeding my tresses the right stuff

Currently obsessed with Afro Botanics super hair growth.  Within a few days I could already see the difference. The growth spurt was massive. With coconut oil, castor oil and olive oil. Special thanks to Mzansifro for introducing me to this. My hairline hasn't been the same...


Have been using this Ultimate Organic Therapy Olive Oil Smoother and polisher serum on my weave and the shine is perfect. It’s not sticky and greasy like some products out there. The smooth finish and high gloss shine really brings my hair to life and it smells so good too.




What are you currently using this month or have been obsessing over this year. Feel free to share in the comments; I look forward to hearing from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment