Monday, February 8, 2016

Breakfast Date|Eggs Benedict and Iced Caramel Macchiato


What better way to start February other than a breakfast date? I recently had Sunday breakfast at Avondale’s Cafe Nush and I must say I was impressed. I often brush Cafe Nush aside – besides the good reviews however, looking for a change; trying it out for breakfast didn’t seem like a bad idea.

Sunday breakfast was for a table for 3 – no crowd here – just family. I settled for the famous Eggs Benedict which is a serving of poached eggs served on an English muffin with creamy spinach, roast tomato, smoked salmon and hollandaise sauce, served with a side of hash potatoes – which I must admit was a first for me – FOMO from watching too many cooking shows accompanied by a delicious iced caramel macchiato; for that added caffeine boost. My companions settled on the mini breakfast with chocolate milkshake and the final plate was a traditional and filling full English breakfast accompanied by a humble rooibos tea.
English breakfast


Other offerings on the Nush menu include pasta & lasgna, meats, homemade burgers, quesadilla, sliders, salads and hot snacks which are pie meals.

With an urban and vibrant atmosphere Cafe Nush is definitely a spot to have a bite to eat, enjoy a hot cup of coffee, people watch and catch up with friends or family.

With no complaints on the food, the only glitches for me was that it took a while for the food to come and the WIFI was down (bummer!!!!!) – A blogger got to stay connected!!!!


Deets 

Open: Monday - Sunday

Location
Vera Mall, Avondale
Harare, Zimbabwe

Tel: 04 335 201
Mobile: +263 733 434 619

9 comments: