Wednesday, February 24, 2016

The Me Time Tag

Is this outdoorsy enough for you?
Me Time is synonymous to moments of peace, luxury, self indulgence and telling everyone to back away as you selfishly take some time out to do just you. Warranted this is something everyone should indulge in from time to time, if you have to go away for a weekend -  GO, if it means switching off your cell phone and just disconnecting from the world while you loaf about in teeny shorts and t-shirt go right ahead.
Personally me –time leaves me feeling refreshed, liberated and gives me the time to just self reflect or not think at all. It’s so good to be connected to amazing local bloggers who just add that extra something special to your life too and thanks to Tendai Kamusikiri of Signature Toscie http://signaturetoscie.co.zw/ for tagging me on the Me Time Tag challenge which I am so in love with.  The idea of sharing what I get up to when it’s just me living it up in my own space has me excited to over-share.
What do you watch/read during me time?
Thank God for PVR. I don’t always have the time to watch telly all day but I do make sure I find time to sneak in my recordings. I’m big on House of DVF, Sarah Graham’s Food Safari, which just ended and am now currently following ZOO, the Left Overs and AD.
I do love to watch some old favourite movies from time to time like Grease, Mighty Joe, The Titanic, The Temptations, Matilda, The Notebook, The time travelers wife, PS I love you – these are just feel good movies that take me back to the good old days LOL– look at me talking like I’m so old...
I used to watch loads of horror movies during me time but I’ve totally moved on from that phase, name any horror movie and I’ve probably watched it.
 I read plenty of magazines – I’m a collector – been collecting magazines since 2003 and I ain’t stopping – lots of my inspiration comes from them and it’s a great way to escape from everything that’s trying to grab my attention.

What do you wear during me time?

Shorts and tank tops mostly...

What are your me time beauty products?

Body Scrubs, Mud Masks, Facial Scrubs and Bath Bombs, Bath Salts and Bath Oils....

Current favourite nail polish?

Any gel nail polishes are great!!! I hate it when nails chip and I am all about longevity so gel nail polish is perfect.

What do you eat/drink during me time?

When in doubt – drink coffee!!!!! Its absolute fuel...Energy drinks too but not at the same time - though I’ve thought about it... I also have a soft spot for green tea – it’s an acquired taste but once I start on it I can go for weeks just drinking it on a daily and chamomile tea is great when you just want to relax and quickly snooze off.

I eat whatever tastes good and includes meat, though I also love strawberries and yoghurt.

Current favourite candle?

Vanilla from Sassafras Borrowdale

Do you ever have outdoor me time?

Rarely, I do take walks sometimes but I don’t prefer them alone. I also take naps in the gazebo – does that count??

Would you ever see a movie alone?

Been there, done that, next question.

Favourite Online Shop?

Still exploring...

Though my bestie runs an online store called sassiestyle.com - you should check it...

Anything to add? What else do you do during me time?

I read my bible, I pray, I meditate

& when I’m done I attempt to do lazy girl workouts

& then I write...

Next I'd like to tag Goodness Gracious Tariro of Girls and Ladies Hoolywoodlee  Strictly Chic and Robin Chaibva

After writing all this and going through the me time motions I feel inspired to indulge already... 

Laters...

 



4 comments: