Sunday, March 6, 2016

Lip Service


No one likes dry or chapped lips. Show me somebody who does and I will give you a reward. LOL I kid but I’d like to think most people don’t. For those who feel the need to neglect their lips I’m telling you right now – just don’t do it!!!– It’s not a good look. Show your lips some love by giving them the much needed TLC. On the other hand you might have super moisturised lips without a chap in sight so you’re reading this and asking yourself why should I even bother? Well, do it as a treat – part of your pamper session or me time = in this case if more won’t hurt you why not?

Step 1

Let’s start with of my all time favourite ways to a perfect lip service- it starts with a good lip scrub. This is the right way to go in getting your lips soft, smooth and in perfect polished condition. You can purchase a lip scrub but I prefer to do it myself and mix up a scrub at home which is lighter on your pocket and hassle free. Standing in a queue for one thing? Didn’t think so. Using products you can already find in your kitchen cupboard is easy and this makes lip beauty a breeze. All you need is two key ingredients – less than a teaspoon of brown sugar and a dash of olive oil – mix it up and rub onto your lips, start to massage the scrub in light circular motions for less than 2 mins and wash it all off – After this grab a wet cloth and just rub the face cloth over your lips to get rid of any leftover rough bits - that was easy right? Getting your lips in tip top condition is not rocket science folks it’s less than 10 mins of your time...

Next up - I recently discovered that not only is there a mask for your face but your lips as well. And I was eager to try it out – so I did. Once again the ingredients are easy to find and I didn’t have to leave the house to get it.

Here it goes.....

Step 2

A bit of honey and a dash of olive oil mixed together and applied to the lips for 5 mins. Simple, yet effective. My lips were left feeling supple and nourished.  Honey also has  antibacterial properties and hefty serving of skin-saving antioxidants which is a great bonus and just to add you can be naughty and have a lick of the honey – after all no one’s watching and I won’t judge.

Closing Credits

As soon as you’re done with the final step you can moisturise with a lip balm – I tend to over-balm after this because I’ve convinced myself that my lips are now in perfect condition to soak in the balm effectively. The balm I use is a honey lip balm from Sassafras which you can find at Sam Levy’s Village Borrowdale or Riverside Walk Avondale. Nothing compares to it –it’s the epitome of self indulgence.

On every other day besides my lip balm I love to add colour to my lips. Am crazy about purple which I feel is great for ladies with dark skin tone and at times a matte deep fuchsia shade finds its way on my lips – when I’m just screaming for attention – somebody help me please. . I do go for red on special occasions which I feel works on all women of all colour. Red never fails - just ask Bonang.



Whatever your hue is – try out this lip service 101 because after all there’s no point in trying to cover a crack without dealing with the core issue eventually it just shows – treat your lips and oh and also do it just because you love your lips a little bit more than you should.

Kisses

4 comments:

  1. Thanks.... Thats helpful. I usually just concentrate only on my face

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're welcome - now you know. Thanx for reading...

      Delete
    2. you're welcome - now you know. Thanx for reading...

      Delete