Sunday, March 27, 2016

The Perfect Fish Spot

Fishmonger
Belgravia, 50 East Road, Harare, Zimbabwe
Open – All week
Seating can be inside or on the outside garden tables.
Tel 302285 or 308164.



Looking for somewhere to eat on a Sunday can be quite a drag. With most places closed and the usual places open (usual can get boring). This past Sunday however, I wasn’t looking for the usual – I wanted something different. After driving around town from Thai spots, local cuisine and ending up at Fish monger, it was quite impressive.  This final choice was totally worth it.

I’m not really a fish/seafood kind of person but fresh calamari can take my heart any day. Gosh, this one of the reasons why I fell in love with Durban - Need to go back soon. By now you know calamari was what I settled for and it was definitely good value for money. The flavours just came together in a mouth-watering concoction and once again –I was sold – I could eat calamari all day for the rest of my life – well if it’s cooked to the tee like this one.

My foodie partner in crime settled for sushi – and I stole myself a bite or two – sushi not being my thing but when something’s good you cannot lie. It was tasty and the plating was way too impressive... something out of a cookbook I tell you - Making it even more enjoyable if you ask me.

For a change we actually had space to share dessert – though I was tempted to get the Malva Pudding – another addiction I need freeing from. So chocolate mousse it was, topped with ice-cream and a nicely garnished strawberry – I like strawberries and anyone who doesn’t needs some seriously help just kidding). By now you know not to take offence as I said that just for emphasis.  The chocolate mousse hit the right sweet spots; it was divinely rich and decadent. This fish spot can do no wrong. I’d like to go back and perhaps try something different and see if this kind of serving was just a lucky strike or the real deal.

In my efforts to stay honest and keep it real with you the restaurant is definitely ago to place for good fresh seafood– the only downside I experienced was the service was slow and that’s just about it.



On the Menu

Salads – Pasta – Sea food platters –Chefs table (includes beef and chicken) – from the sea  (seafood dishes)- East meets west (Indian and Thai curries) & Desserts

Note: Sushi menu available from Wednesday to Sunday



2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the neat post! I have never tried calamari before, I am a bit squeamish when it comes to seafood and trying new things. Maybe I will be adventurous the next time we dine out and try some calamari or sushi or something like that. I will let you know how it turns out.

    Gregory @ Harbor Grill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for reading Gregory. Looking forward to hearing how your next adventurous dining experience goes...

      Delete