Saturday, June 11, 2016

Lunch at Pizzazz Pizza

Pizzazz Pizza
19 Fernleigh Road, Pomona
Harare
Open Wed – Sun 8am-8pm


It’s been a while since I wrote a food post and Pizzazz pizza is a great place to start. After a lovely Sunday church service my foodie partner and I decided to go sit down and get something to eat, this time my sister came along adding to the variety of what we had. You see I like to taste everything so it worked out perfectly for me. I had heard about Pizzazz but had never been curious enough to go try it and boy was I pleasantly surprised. Most of the tables had been taken up so we resorted to enjoying our meal in the garden area.

It was slightly cold out so I decided to caffeinate and have a good old nice latte (an espresso coffee with frothy steamed milk), my foodie partner had a classic cup of rooibos tea and my sister opted for apple juice which took her some time to get used to but I loved it. Their apple juice is a cold pressed pureed fresh juice so you can actually taste the mashy apple texture.



After some good conversation we settled on Pizzazz Pizza, Lasagne Al Forno and a half chicken and chips which my sister pounced on. I’ve never met a girl who loves chicken like she does.  I don’t blame her though I love all kinds of food equally as much.

The lasagne is prepared in true Italian style with thin sheets op pasta layered with a rich beef ragout, béchamel sauce and topped with mozzarella and parmesan. It was truly delightful, creamy and gooey with lots of flavour that hit my taste buds like crazy.  I can’t even explain how good this lasagne was – it just was.

You can’t go wrong with chicken and chips. The chicken was succulent and the lemon and herb sauce just sealed it perfectly.

Pizzazz signature pizza which is also named after the restaurant is what I had and I loved it. It had all the right combinations in flavouring and toppings. By far the best pizza I’ve had in a long time. Topped with a signature tomato sauce, mozzarella, thinly sliced kassler, mushrooms, artichoke hearts, black olives, extra virgin olive oil and a sprinkle of coarsely ground black pepper; I’m getting hungry typing this.

All I can say is go try it for yourself.

What other places do you think I should try?

Contact me on:

Twitter: @ChiedyCandy
Instagram: @persuasioninczw
E-mail: c.mebe@yahoo.com








No comments:

Post a Comment