Thursday, June 2, 2016

Winter Skin Savers

The temps have been dipping more and more around this time of year and one’s skin is bound to suffer because of it. No one wants to deal with problematic skin but at one point or another we have to deal. My skin get's particularly dry around this season and I know I'm not alone so I've come up with some of the products and tricks that work for me.  Save your skin all the hustle and invest on good skincare products. I’ve picked out a few personal skin saving products that have helped me get through.

Invest in oils 

Tissue oil  is perfect for fading scars and stretch marks over time. It's also great for managing dry skin. Now this Magnolia tissue from Powersales is my fave and helps with my dry skin. It's also less than $5 which is quite affordable. Contrary to popular belief that one shouldn’t using oil on their face a small amount of product mixed with your facial cream will definitely penetrate skin deep and help bring out that nourished skin.



Epimax Bath and Shower Oil is just heavenly to be honest. A few drops of luxurious oil when you take a bath or shower is enough to ensure your skin is soft and moisturized. Penetrating the skin the oil is soothing and help alleviate dry skin problems. Best believe you’re jumping out of the bath feeling moisturised all over .



 Thick is in 

I’m more of a thick cream girl during winter and I believe it's wise to switch from lotions to creams or butters in winter.



Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula with Vitamin E, heals and softens rough dry skin and smoothes out marks and scars. Those with eczema can use it too. I just love this formula and I can't get enough - you know this African butter skin needs to stay moisturized and soft and cocoa butter does the job just right.

Vaseline petroleum jelly - need I say more. It's worked for years and still works just as good today

Hydrate on the right stuff 

Green tea – It’s an acquired taste but I can have cups and cups of green tea. The antioxidants in green tea are beneficial in keeping your skin in perfect condition. It always makes me feel great from the inside out.

Fruit or Veg smoothies, with no ice-cream please. Keep it healthy.

Lastly water is everything. Keep drinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment