Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Fashion faux pas



I’ve seen a number of fashion faux pas over the years and there’s some that I just don’t get  We  need to stop committing these crazy fashion crimes. I will have to admit there's times I’ve personally been caught on the wrong side of the law. Like the time I wore yellow denims a yellow polo neck and some very questionable shoes. I look on that moment with absolute horror. So a few of my friends helped me with this one – this might help someone so please do share.

We don’t get why you would wear a really thick tracksuit bottom with a a skirt on top

Pachigogo style. It may be winter but just stop it already. It’s either one or the other. Of course some stylistas do get this look right. It’s important to note they’ve matched the components from texture to fit and dimensions to make it work howeve,  everyone else is just doing it to stay warm and believe me it's not working.

We don’t get how you can wear heels when you can't walk in them

Please note my mum says you look like you're walking like a giraffe. Now picture that. Now picture you doing that. Does it look good to you? Didn’t think so. Heels aren’t made for everyone and we can see when it's killing you and you’re faking it. Spare yourself the drama – no one’s going to resent you for it besides there’s some perfectly stylish flats out there and  fashionable sneakers are all the rage right now so try that instead.

Girls with shaved eyebrows and hairy armpits; what's your story?

Let me just leave this here.



We don’t get why you use red brow liner on your brows



Who came up with this and why; but why vasikana? Who has red brows though?. I mean what happened to black and brown?Do you know there’s black and brown? I think you get my point. Just stop!

See through leggings

I actually like leggings but we didn’t ask for a show and like my dear friend would say hold on, it's not that kind of party. Long tops and leggings especially if they are see through that's just the answer. You might think you look good but no one wants to see that. I repeat no one.

Color blocking is so last year

Like all things trends come and go. Yes if done well it can still look good but some of you are taking it too far. Check out exhibit A and B below to get why this is on the list.





















We don,t get why you wear peep toe heels or flats with super long uncut toe nails

What are you trying to do, hurt somebody? Yes I’m going there. I’m sorry to say but it's wise to invest in a nail cutter. Keep it short and sweet. Polish your nails if you must- just don't scare us with your toes. It gets distracting.

Add your fashion faux pas in the comments.


No comments:

Post a Comment