Friday, May 6, 2016

Hello May

Can’t believe how fast the months are going by. With still so much to do it can be quite a depressing month, considering the low temperatures make it hard to put fashionable looks together when all you want to do is keep yourself warm. However, the cooler season isn’t going to stop me from making the best out of this season. Personally the stretching in terms of making what’s in my closet work this season is slightly daunting yet exciting and I can’t wait to see what I come up with. May is also the month we celebrate our mothers and that’s enough to put a smile on our faces. Happy Mother’s day moms. As is tradition each new month I put up what I love, loathe and a few things I’ve tried out...

Gender free perfumes
On my radar this month is gender free perfumes. Number 1 on my list is Calvin Klein’s CK2 fragrance. The minimalist design of the bottle and the fresh scent make it a fragrance to have plus you can share it with your partner and that’s a plus for me. The signature scent embodies the thrill of life and celebrates the diversity of connections between two people. Now that’s worth the investment.


New on the market
Coco Royal Coconut Juice with Pulp. I came across this drink in the Pick n Pay. Looking at it, I found it quite weird and was concerned why the coconut pulp didn’t sink straight to the bottom. I however, am all for trying new things- plus when people drink coconut juice on TV it looks so cool. The minute I opened it I was hit by the strong smell of the coconut which was a put off- I only managed to get a few sips in and that was it for me. No more – never – I hated it....



Best anti-itch and anti-flake hair product
There comes a time when enough is enough and you can’t pat your head any further. I have a sewn in weave at the moment and the itch on my scalp was turning out to be a nightmare. I purchased the Dark and Lovely Braids’nWeaves Scalp Soother + Anti-itch product. The scalp soother has soothing jojoba oil and refreshing peppermint oil for fresh control. From the moment I applied it – I promise you it’s been two weeks and I have not felt a single itch ever since. I’m still blown away by the fact that one application can do that. The Dark and Lovely Braids’ n Weaves waterless scalp wash +anti flakes is a no-rinse cleanser that removes dirt and refreshes your scalp between regular shampoos. I recommend this as well. Together they are a winning combination.



Best Buy
I’ve been on a mission to collect as many vans as possible. These shoes are extremely comfortable uber stylish and light on the pocket. These are by far my favourite buys so far. I got them in Powersales for just $11. I love a good bargain.



Shoes News

I am currently obsessed with these perspex heel ankle boots. They remind me of Barbie for some reason. I grew up obsessed with Barbie dolls and these boots fit the bill for me. Not only are they edgy, they are fearlessly trendy and can be worn with just about anything and everything this season. Please don’t wear them with a maxi or long skirt though – that’s a no no.




No comments:

Post a Comment