Monday, May 16, 2016

How to rock your summer clothes in winter

I’d like to think I’m not the only one who has struggled with this – trying to rework your winter closet when most of the pieces you own are screaming hello summer. I have been fortunate enough to expose myself to many fashionista’s, stylists and just good old advice from magazines and friends who have found ways around this. Because I love you I’m not going to be stingy with this info. Here are just a few tips on how to get your summer clothes to go the distance even in the colder season.

Dress away

Dresses can still be worn this season. My favourite is when I pair my short dresses with boots of all lengths. When it comes to your longer maxi or slip dresses add a boho vibe to it by wearing a vintage denim jacket over it. For more edge add a leather biker jacket to it and some cowboy boots. If the temps dip extremely low grab an over-sized faux fur coat and let out your inner glam.Adding a scarf also helps.








Feeling skirtish

Skirts – the fun thing about skirts is that they often add texture and dimensions to what would often be a plain winter look. Add some spark to your closet by teaming your trousers or pants with a skirt over them. Sounds strange? But with the right proportions it’s a stellar look. If you’re not feeling as adventurous pair your skirt with an over-sized sweater and thick winter leggings and a pair of ankle 
boots.


Layer with denims

One look that I’ve been overdoing at the moment and will continue to over-do is the denim jacket under a much larger coat. This is my form of layering. Plus denim has been a big trend this year – so I’ve been on the bandwagon since summer.


Easy breezy shorts

Shorts - are the easiest thing to bring into winter. All you need is a pair of thick winter leggings and you’re good to go.


Work that shirt

Basic Work Shirt – this is where knits come into play. If you have a knit vest you can easily wear it over your work shirt - add a blazer too if it’s too cold out. Another favourite I wore on a previous post was an over-sized knit dress over my work shirt... You can accessorize with a slim belt if you like.



Strappy heels/Basic Heel

Heels are often a NO NO in winter –but trends this year happen to allow knee high socks or cute looking socks to be worn with them. To be honest I am yet to try this it out myself but I’ve been meaning to and I will post it up when I do.





Light sweaters

All your light sweaters, cardi’s can be used for layering this season. Obviously not in one go though.  All you have to do is wear them under a coat or jacket you have, teamed with a scarf and you’re all set for the season. Hope this was helpful, tell me what you think and add your tips as well in the comment box below...



7 comments:

  1. Loving these ideas, especially the green colors combination. Beautiful
    Lovely post.

    www.rshanphonsi.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful outfits! I like your blog and I'll be happy if we start following each other! :)

    http://julesonthemoon.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you. let me add you to my reading list on blogs I follow

      Delete
  3. I'm all for rocking your summer clothes in the summer. I always wear my dresses with opaque tights and boots.

    www.mydailywear.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting and chic combinations, i love them! I how ever am a biased girl when it comes to color so the first green outfit is my favorite look.
    http://queenngrace.blogspot.my/

    ReplyDelete