Monday, November 23, 2015

The base of Afro Chic



African attire has long been a big part of our culture. From the flamboyant Nigerian women to ladies in Lusaka who live by it, growing up I didn’t quite understand it or realize that African attire could look so fierce and chic. I shunned it for a long time; perhaps it was my obnoxious nature or my upbringing that put me off – whatever it was – if Riri wasn't rocking it – I  wasn't  going to either. With the rise of fashion blogging; my mind was opened up to different aesthetics and Afro – chic was one of them. – seeing younger women rocking African print dresses, skirts, pants  you name it inspired me. Problem was  I was still afraid to take the leap  because it wasn't particularly my style and I wasn't sure how those around me would react to it....   However, you  know what they say - you never know till  you try. Material in hand - I took the leap and I've come to appreciate and love it.....From my base going forward  - I totally endorse it!!!!!!! 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment