Friday, November 6, 2015

Let's talk diet for the soul

The other day one of my dear friends asked me what I do to stay in shape and to be honest I had nothing much to say -considering my size has almost always been the same. I exercise a little here and there but not as often as I should. I love taking short walks when I get the time but I hardly do anything hectic. I drink a lot of green tea (an acquired taste but now I am addicted) and I love hot water with lemon.

Her question had me thinking what's really my diet or exercise regime? I was taken back however to what I gravitate towards the most - my soul. I feed the person within and here I am sharing what really keeps me glowing.

Talk that good talk

Firstly I feed myself gracious or pleasant words. People may curse me out or attack me, and yes it stings at times but I continue to remind myself who I am  and what I can accomplish when I feed myself this no one can tell me what I am not. I am more than content with my portion because I was made exactly the way I am for a reason and no one can do me quite like I do. I think you should embrace that kind of talk too.
Proverbs 16:24 Pleasant words are as a honeycomb sweet to the soul and healthy to the bones.

Loving on others

I find great fulfillment from being there for others and loving on them. Knowing that someone else is happy because of me is a feeling I can't get over. Perhaps because I wasn't always like that  but now I realise there's much profit gained within from loving others including your enemies. Love sets you free in ways unimaginable.

I do what I love 

It's that simple, I chose to follow my dreams. If you are passionate about something do it. Trust me, it's better to struggle in a job you love than one you hate. I never do what I don't want to do and that makes me happy  

Take my stuff to God 

I have learned to take my stuff to God. The peace I get from this fills meup and I can take on the day knowing my needs have been met. I spend lots of time in prayer and seeking God's word, the revelations and affirmations have a way of bringing out the best in me.

Before I forget, I also shop. LOL.....

Have a soulful day

No comments:

Post a Comment