Thursday, April 28, 2016

Hello City of Kings: Travel Bulawayo




I recently traveled to Bulawayo and it was a breath of fresh air from my home- town Harare. I didn’t get to explore much due to limited time and too much catching up to do with my close friend Gugulethu (a download of months of highlights and low lights). I did however, get to walk around the city centre, visit a few flea markets and enjoy slap chips from some corner fish and chicken place –  I really loved the sauce. The highlight of exploring the city was the buildings and architecture. Some of these buildings have been around for years but still look stunning – like they were built yesterday... You can tell their well cared for.

I had to take pics and I hope this makes locals feel even prouder of where they from and prompt others to visit. I know I’m proud...

I was impressed by how clean the city was too....well down to the city council....

Joshua Nkomo statue
High Court

At ZITF 

Coke fans will love this 

Love the block colours on this structure

Catch up on some literature 

Bulawayo Club

Horizon


Cute cake joint 


Strolling by in my vans 

Do you see how clean these streets are? 11th Avenue

Bulawayo is the second-largest city in Zimbabwe after the capital Harare, It is located in Matabeleland. Colloquially Bulawayo is also known by various names, these being the 'City of Kings', 'Skies’, and 'Bluez'. The majority of the Bulawayo's population belongs to the Ndebele ethnic and language group.

1 comment:

  1. OMG you almost made me cry. I soo miss my city. And the chips from that joint are on point not to mention their sauces. Nice piece

    ReplyDelete