Sunday, April 3, 2016

First Class English Breakfast at Organikks


1 Dacomb Drive, Chisipite
Harare, Zimbabwe

I have had breakfast at a number of places but Organikks tops them all, this up-town eatery matches first class international standards and had me wishing I could stay behind for more.

Organikks Cafe which is located in the up – market leafy northern suburb of Chisipite has a way of taking you away from the rest of the world and setting you up for a memorable food experience. The back-story of the cafe which is written down on the menu is enchanting and a sweet touch to the cafe. Plus I love a good story and could somewhat see myself getting there at some point in my future. Knowing how it all started out as just a part of someone who loved food from the get go and seeing it evolve to what the cafe is now is magnifique.  

The seating, the decor and all is fitted in to the last tee – which is pure perfection. The atmosphere itself was serene, relaxing and somewhat exotic. – I don’t know why but it just made me feel like I was in a faraway place.

Both my foodie partner and I went all in for the English breakfast. I had mine with a caramel frappe which was delightful. The sweetness of the caramel is exactly what any sweet tooth lover needs to   sort out any craving. My other half had the breakfast with Arabian Mint Tea – I’ve been meaning to try various teas as well – Chamomile tea being one of my favourites –it’s calming and no I’m not just saying it because everyone says it – it really is. Back to the Arabian mint tea – it was soothingly light and the mint wasn’t the slightest bit overwhelming – one get’s just enough of the minty taste to acknowledge its presence and appreciate the freshness it brings to the tea.

I was impressed to see a wide range on the selection of teas they have on offer – go if you’re a tea lover or just want to try something different.

On the breakfast – words cannot describe how fresh, perfectly seasoned and full of flavour the meal was.  I normally gobble through my food but this time I wanted to savour every bit of flavour that the food brought into my mouth. From the succulent sausage, perfectly cooked eggs, bacon, and grilled juicy tomato to those mushrooms – Let’s talk about those mushrooms though – they were an explosion of flavour and it was love at first bite....

Organikks Cafe left a good impression on me and it deserves a perfect 10/10.

 It truly was the perfect food experience. I’m eager to try out their dinner soon.

Also on the premises is The Skin Spa for all your beauty care treatments and a hair salon for your hair care needs. Another reason to spend the whole day there – just saying...

Go because you won’t be disappointed.

Karen's background story on the menu

Our view as we had breakfast 

8 comments: