Monday, November 14, 2016

Desiderata





I love art especially when it’s merged with fashion. It has a way of reflecting what‘s deep within someone and putting it out there on a canvas for all to see. In my opinion that’s bravery. Art can be spontaneous, confrontational, vulnerable and almost always takes you on a mental journey. I recently attended an art exhibition hosted by Fadzi Kadenhe and perfectly titled Desiderata. Desiderata is Italian for desired things. Whether they be desires of the heart, the mind or the body, Fadzi truly outdid herself. The artwork was skilfully crafted and was cohesive with the theme of desired things. I wanted some for myself as well. The bursts of colour, the lips that drew me in and the infusion of fashion definitely left a mark on me and everyone else in attendance. Other highlights for me were the inclusion of poetry by the talented radical poet Younique and the speech by Guest of Honour, Jazz, Funk and Pop artist Vera who said, “There’s a poem in each and every one of us”. As a creative myself I was in full agreement of this. This exhibition has ignited a desire within me to explore the many faces of artistic expression.
Check out Fadzi’s work here

The artist 

My favourite 

High Fashion 












Younique & Vera
Nyasha on left wearing a design by Fadzi 

These pants worn by Fadzi are everything!!


Vera









Contact her on 0771570697 or fadzikadenhe@gmail.com to order her art work and designs 

2 comments:

  1. Anything to do with art & fashion does take lots of courage. You gta be brave to put yourself out there. She is good thou.

    https://anaturellecraving.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete