Monday, December 28, 2015

When Gelato hits the spot: Sassafras Avondale



I love summer, despite the countless attempts to try and fry me to death. It’s still a great time to head out for a swim with the girls, midnight dancing with the One, ice cold mocktails at a summer fashion show and of course gelato to cool you down with just the right amount of sweetness to ease them sweet tooth cravings.

I was pleasantly surprised to find out that my favourite bath and body stores is now selling gelato ice-cream, and me being me, you know I had to pop in and try it out.

What I tried; a scoop of honey comb and a scoop of cookies and cream. No lie, it was quite an experience. The cookies and cream melted into my mouth and is definitely the right mix put together, first I tasted the cream and then the cookie and the further down you go to the centre where the sweetness of the honeycomb is, it became way too much for me. It was super sweet and a little too good to eat.

What he tried; a double scoop of coffee; and boy was it intense. The coffee flavour hits you right in the centre and explodes with such intense richness you’re sure to feel like you’ve just had the right dose of coffee boost to last you all day. It was beyond rich and might just become a trusted favourite – especially since caffeine is and has been my drug.

Sassafras gelato is melting pot of rich flavour. Other flavours to try to suit all palettes include Belgium chocolate, Farm cream vanilla, Vanilla fudge and many more.

Be sure to also try out the mulberry or mango frozen yoghurt.

The gelato left me assured that my Saturday mornings are most definitely reserved for a scoop or two of gelato.

Their gelato is hand made.

Let me know when you try it out and what runs into your mind from the first lick.

ENJOYYYYYY!!!!!!

Location: Avondale Riverside Walk
Open: 8:30-5:00PM/ Monday to Sunday
Cost: $2 1 scoop; $3 2 scoops

No comments:

Post a Comment